Landscaping and Groundskeeping Workers
- Operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
- Mow or edge lawns, using power mowers or edgers.
- Shovel snow from walks, driveways, or parking lots and spread salt in those areas.
- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing, removing thatch, or trimming or edging around flower beds, walks, or walls.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
- Prune or trim trees, shrubs, or hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Gather and remove litter.
- Maintain or repair tools, equipment, or structures, such as buildings, greenhouses, fences, or benches, using hand or power tools.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, or trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, burial sites, or other grounds features.
- Operation and Control – Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Tools & Technology
- Tools used in this occupation:
- Cultivators – Soil pulverizers; Tillers
- Draglines – Drag brooms; Drag leveling bars; Plow pan spikers; X-drags
- Fertilizer spreaders or distributors – Fertilizer spreaders; Hand spreaders; Salt spreaders
- Graders or land levelers – Land levelers; Land planes; Landscape rakes; Power rakes
- Lawnmowers – Flail mowers; Hydrostatic mowers; Manual mowers; Riding mowers
- Rakes – Arena rakes; Artificial turf groomers; Iron rakes; Turf sweepers
- Shovels – Dirt shovels; Snow shovels; Sod lifters
Snow Plow Operators
Employees need to be available to work when it snows and possibly the day or two following.
Drivers will need valid license and acceptable driving record.
Crew leaders will be responsible for maintaining all properties on route. Most storms will require an open up run and one or two follow up visits.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $25.00 /hour
Required license or certification:
Lawn Care Technician
|Onsite Landscape Management continues their successful growth and now is the perfect time for you to join our Amazing Team. Together with the greatest products, service, and employees in the world, we will continue to be America’s choice when it comes to selecting a Lawn Care Professional. Come to work with your passionate enthusiastic attitude, and you’ll experience the thrill of being a part of a winning team and you’ll be rewarded with many opportunities for personal growth!
As we continue to grow, Onsite Landscape Management offers seasonable and full-time employment opportunities. We are currently looking for energetic, customer service oriented, career minded individuals to be our next great Lawn Care Service Technician on our successful team. As a lawn care professional, you will be responsible to service customer lawns in your route as you apply fertilizer, treat weeds, and perform other professional applications while ensuring amazing customer service. You will also be responsible for accurately measuring lawns, providing quotes and / or lawn analysis, and making field sales.
With our rapid growth, we have future opportunities for the passionate, determined, creative individual to move into our management team. Come join us for a career with a recession proof company.
This job requires a valid Indiana driver’s license with a CLEAN DRIVING RECORD. If you’re not certified by the state to spray herbicides, you must be able to pass the exam within 2 weeks of hire date. Onsite Landscape Management is a drug-free environment.
As an associate of Onsite Landscape Management you will enjoy:
Onsite Landscape Management is looking for highly motivated and passionate individuals who meet the following requirements: